Free Mentor Training
Current and future mentors of newly qualified Medical Herbalist.
An interactive training which aims to support the development of skills and knowledge for those undertaking the mentor role and build confidence and competence
The training will include; presentation, group work, use of scenarios and case studies, reflection and self-evaluation.
Aims & Objectives:
The Role and Purpose of Mentoring:
Developing a knowledge and understanding of:
- The roles and responsibilities of the mentor and how this links to the requirements of NIHM mentoring scheme
- How the mentoring process can support
newly qualified herbalists
- The mentoring contract of expectations
- Completing the programme.
The Principles of Mentoring:
- The mentoring relationship and differences between
supervising, coaching and mentoring
- Values, skills and strategies to
manage boundaries, motivate and empower
The Practice of Mentoring:
Developing mentoring skills/building a tool kit:
- Interacting, listening, facilitating, encouraging networks, preparation, safe challenging, goal setting and self-evaluation
- Exploration of adult learning style and how make the most out of the mentoring relationship
- Reflective learning and mentoring models – linking to theory and research
- Dealing with difficulties and challenges
- Looking after yourself.
PLEASE REGISTER BELOW