Junior Herbalist Club Leader Training
If you are a medical herbalist, you can train to become a registered Junior Herbalist Leader ©
The next comprehensive training course will be taught over 5 consecutive days:
Monday 20th – Friday 24th May 2024 – 9.30am – 5.30pm.
The venue is a purpose-built eco pod – https://parkview4u.org.uk
The cost of the 5-day intensive training course to become a registered Junior Herbalist Leader is £1,295. However, you can access the early bird price of just £995 if paid in full before 31 December 2023. For this fee you will receive:
- 5 full days tuition covering the whole 2-year course
- Teaching sessions in a way that engages all types of learners
- Practicals – making all the items and products in the course
- Safeguarding, insurance, and DBS requirements
- Comprehensive Leaders Handbook containing all the information needed to teach both years one and two including class plans, worksheets and answers, equipment lists, key facts, Health and Safety Risk Assessments
- A USB flash drive containing all printable paperwork including advertising flyers, letters for parents, consent forms and enrolment forms etc.
- Ongoing support from registered JHC leaders
- A qualification allowing you to advertise yourself as a ‘Registered Junior Herbalist Leader’ and entry onto the register shared by the Institute for promotional purposes
Due to the high standard of the training and the course content, it is a requirement that all herbalists enrolling on the JHC leader training program must:
- Have graduated from a course accredited by the Institute or EHTPA
- Have a current membership with the Institute or equivalent professional governing body which they must maintain throughout the period in which they advertise themselves as a registered JHC leader and whilst continuing to deliver the JHC course
- Have current appropriate professional insurance with either Balens (or similar who have agreed to cover the education and activities carried out in the JHC course), which again they must maintain throughout the period in which they advertise themselves as a registered JHC leader and whilst continuing to deliver the JHC course
The course is only available through in-person attendance as the practical and safety aspects prevent it from being suitable to be taught remotely. The course is taught to a very high standard and is only available to registered medical herbalists.
On completion of the course, you will be equipped with all the information and skills required to teach the two-year syllabus to children and be entered on to the register of JHC leaders maintained by the Institute.
The Institute award the certificates and badges to the leaders on successful completion of the training and to the children graduating at the end of each year.
Please note: accommodation is NOT included in the cost of the course and will need to be arranged and paid for separately. It is a non-negotiable requirement to have 100% attendance during the 5 days in order to qualify so please bear this in mind when booking travel and accommodation.
The number of attendees is strictly limited and places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. All applications and payment must be received no later than 30th April 2024.
If you would like to register your interest in joining the next course, or if you have any further questions. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch…
Course Director Junior Herbalist Club UK
Tel: 07813 840394
Recording available - no