Herbs don't have to just be taken as medicine.
Lavender’s gentle ability to ease nervous tension, decrease anxiety and uplift the spirit is legendary. It’s gorgeous floral aroma feeds our pleasure receptors and encourages the body to relax.
And even better, by having it in a biscuit and giving yourself an indulgent treat, you will be encouraging a physiological relaxation response!
- 160 g plain flour
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 free range egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp dried lavender
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170c. and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Blitz all the ingredients (except to egg yolk) in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in the yolk and mix again until a soft dough is made.
- Roll the dough to about 1cm thick. Cut into biscuit shapes and place them onto the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes.
- Once they are lightly golden, remove from the oven and let them cool on a cooling rack before eating. Enjoy!